Highlights on this Rwanda Virunga Volcanoes 3 Days Golden Monkey
Golden monkeys trekking takes place in Volcanoes national park and at 7:00 same time just like gorillas, where trekking golden monkeys and gorillas is a similar experience. These rare species are also listed as endangered.
The Golden Monkey (Cercopithecus Mitis Kandti) is a local subspecies of the widespread Sykes Monkey, also known as the “Blue Monkey” and is endemic to the high altitude forests of the Volcanoes National Park area.
Golden monkeys in Rwanda live in the bamboo vegetation towards the base of the volcanoes and habituation has helped them to overcome their initial shyness to accept their daily visit by researchers and tourists.
Items to pack for this Tour
- Hiking boots
- A rain jacket
- Gardening gloves
- Camera and extra batteries
- Pair of Binoculars
- Hat and Sun Glasses
- Long sleeved shirt or blouse
- Energy giving snacks and drinks
Trekking rules and regulations
- keeping a distance of 7 meters away from golden monkeys
- keeping calm
- Do not feed monkeys
- Flash photography are not allowed in the park.
- keeping within the groups.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed to trek golden monkeys.
For the best experience to our customers, below services are guaranteed:
- Golden Monkey Permit
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)